Friday, September 26, 2008

Another week went by

This week went really fast. Let me share what happened. 
Monday, Grandpa Lewis, Pastor's father-in-law was laid to rest. I had the privilege of sitting with him on Sunday mornings while Mrs. Pastor taught her Sunday School class. 
Tuesday was Bible Studay in the morning.  Dad fell in the early afternoon and really hasn't acted too perky since. Not sure what is going on. I have some theories, but going to leave it with the Lord. That evening Larry had a very long call to Japan for work. I went to the Rutledge's to help them pack. They are moving to Pennsylvania next " Monday. As I was going out the door I grabbed a cookie. Didn't think much about it but it was more "crunchier" than normal. Got home later and felt a large hole in my tooth. 
Wednesday morning Wesley was here bright and early. I got him situated and called the dentist. Couldn't get me in until Tuesday. "Oh boy!" They would put me on a call list. I was putting Wesley in the highchair and "snap" something gave way in my shoulder. "Ouch!" I called the chiropractor for an appointment at 3 p.m. Well was putting WOW down for his nap and the dentist called, "Can you be here by 2:30?" Praise the Lord. My tooth wasn't hurting but to go 7 days I was not sure what it would be like. "Yes, I'm coming." So changed the chiro appointment. IN THE MEAN TIME, Larry left on a surprise trip to North Carolina. He took the van. Since I don't like to drive his puddle-jumper I borrowed Dad's van that Joel and Amber have been keeping (Still waiting word from the insurance company on what will happen with the damage to Dad's van), and made it to the chiropractor and got my tooth fixed.
Thursday was a day of working on Dad's financial stuff.
Friday got my hair cut and got some Grandma toys at garage sales. Larry called and said they didn't get the work done so he wouldn't be home tonight. Melissa and Andy have come in for a quick trip.

That's my week. I will say that God has been good in all these happenings. In all the 8 or 9 falls that Dad has taken in the past 2 years, He has allowed not one bone to be broken. He allowed my tooth not to hurt and that the dentist could work me in the same day. God's appointments are not disappointments.  He worked out the switching of my appointments around to make them all work. He changed things so that Larry may not be home tonight, and he would have been arriving at midnight. This way he will arrive home in daylight, hopefully. He made it so I won't be alone again tonight as Andy and Melissa will be here. So I have much to praise the Lord for. Also Aunt Betty had another surgery and came through it okay.

Trust that your weekend will be great in every way as you take each step with the Lord.

No comments: