Saturday, June 14, 2008

City wide garage sales

Oh my, 55 garage sales and couldn't go to all of them. Sob, Sob. The Rutledges and I had a combined sale. They took care of it on Friday, because I had Wesley. I did sneak in a couple on Friday. Then Janet and I made Steve man the sale while we went to a couple sales this morning. 

Joel got a new toy. You should have seen he and Amber race around the two yards with the riding lawn mower that he purchased this morning. He said he will be looking forward for any excuse to ride it. Been praying and watching the paper for one. This one is only a year old. He got a good deal on it. 

Dad's laser eye zap left him with a very sore eye. I pray that he will be able to see out of it better now. It seems like physical problems are popping up with more regularity. 

Monday begins a day of construction/destruction in the neighborhood. Dad's roof will begin to get shingled. Our air conditioner unit will be detached and moved for a bit so that the ground underneath the slab can be raised and leveled. Then the landscaper can come in and redo the backyard and funnel the water away from the basement.

Larry and I helped Amber and Joel move some things around the their garage. We sorted out some scrap lumber and other things getting ready for their garage sale.

Had a wonderful visit from Susan Swigart, a missionary to Argentina last evening. I do her prayer letter. We visited for about two and a half hours. She is a dear friend. 

I'm tired now. So I bid you adieu.

New pictures of Wesley next time. 

No comments: