Wednesday, June 11, 2008

This message is from Ducksville


This was taken at 8:30 a.m. of our driveway.

Today's forecast is for Rain this morning, severe storms after sundown (repeat of last week), rain tomorrow, rain on Friday, and possibly on into next week. Iowa has been in the nation news as much of the river basin is under water. We watched on TV last night as the flood gates were opened at Saylorville Dam which is located not too far from Andy & Melissa's. It was a controlled opening and took 12 hours to reach downtown Des Moines. They have closed all the bridges in the downtown area. The Water filtration plant has been updated since the Floods of '93, so MJ is hoping that they will still have water to drink.

Have no idea what is in store for today. I need to get my allergy shots and have a few other projects that "should" be done. I am putting Luan plywood sheets on the shelves that hold my vases in the flower shop to make each shelf larger. I used up some scrap that Larry had lying around. I need to get at least 2 more sheets. Hope the guys at the "board store" feel in a cutting mood. 

No comments: