Friday, July 4, 2008

Looking down the throat of a disgruntled Black Lab


Just got home from the 4th of July Parade. Wesley's first. Grandma Kephart and Aunt Rachael were there also. Our friend, Janet, Got cut off on the left side. There were nine of us there. 

The Gates Clan advertising their sweet corn. With 2 of the gals fiddling in the back of the truck.

My Mom had a car like this. A Metropolitan.


Last night as we were walking we encountered a charging Black Lab. As I bent down to pick Benny up, I glanced up and all I could see were the 4 white "pointy" teeth in a black hole. I got Benny up and turned my back to the Lab. He was guarding his yard, and we were walking by, so he felt threatened. The owner was in the front yard and came running, got the dog in the house, and apologized. Nothing like a "buzz" of adrenaline for the system.

Had Steve and Janet over for Lunch. The Joel Wires' clan will be over for supper and then we will go to the fireworks with 4 others. We will take Wilma down to Dad's. He has a good view from his window of the Fireworks. 

Happy 4th to you.

1 comment:

abkaras said...

"Had Steve and Janet for Lunch."

How did they taste? Remind me not to look in your fridge!