Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday is hard work!

And I didn't even go to the garage sales this morning. After finding a very low spot in the NE corner of the house, where the water came in, I started to move dirt around. After Larry came home for work, he was moving stones and dirt along with me. I had to sorta redo the little rock garden in the front. Went to the stone store and got some retaining wall topper stones to add to the stones that we had. I didn't like how there were spaces where the walk curved around this and that, so I began to cold chisel the stones to fit. Well, the brick didn't want to break were I wanted it to so after lunch I went back for 4 more. I finally have it where I'm too tired to argue how it looks. I think it looks fine. 

Larry is shoveling more of the mounds of dirt on the north side. Then there is all the dirt on the back of the house that needs to be spread out. I am a person that wants to get a job done and get it done NOW! This one is going to take many short bursts of labor to accomplish the task. 

Came in the house and gave my furry friend a clipping and a shampoo and moisturizing rinse. Oooooh he smells so handsomely fantastic. My other two men in my life need clipping also.

Dad seems to be doing better. Plan on giving him a "ear lowering" job tonight, that is if I still have some steam after supper.

Supper is going to be slim pickings tonight. Pancakes and ham slice. 

About the change in color. Just wanted to see how it looked. Probably will go back to the other style or something altogether different. Just to keep things lively.

Have a blessed day in the Lord's house tomorrow.

No comments: