Monday, May 19, 2008

Sunday leftovers

Something that stuck with me from one of Sunday's messages. "The absence of complaining is joy." Another good one is "Thanksgiving is a choice." Somewhere in Psalm 46, think it is 10, "Be still and know that I am God," or "Cease striving." Warren Wiersbie's devotional book on the Psalms said that "Faith is living without scheming." Boy do I have my work cut out for me. Guess the preacher stepped on my toes yesterday.

Been a busy morning already. Didn't seem to get much accomplished. Ordered a few things online for my Dad. Scanned some pictures in for a photo job. Have 2 more prayer letters to do and must make a sample bridal bouquet for next Monday. Have a wedding consult. Then there's the ever present inventory that I hope to conquer this week. 

Both sets of kids were away for the weekend. Wesley got to see his Uncle Aaron who is home for 2 weeks from Afghanistan, and Aunt Rachel graduated from High School. The Karas clan got together in NE Iowa for the weekend. 

I know that where ever I am, "underneath are the everlasting arms" of my God and refuge. Deuteronomy 33:27.

This is going to be a good week. It is a good day today, God made it.

No comments: