Sunday, May 25, 2008

Thankfulness abounds to the Lord!

I am so glad for God's Word. He never fails us. The note in my Bible for Job 42 says, " If we know God, we do not need to know why He allows us to experience what we do. He is not only in control of the universe and all its facets but also of our lives; and HE LOVES US. (my emphasis) Though His ways are sometimes beyond our comprehension, we should not criticize Him for His dealings with us or with others. God is always in control of all things, even when He appears not to be."

Saturday morning I was rousted out of bed with a phone call from my Dad. He had fallen the night before and because of circumstances beyond my control, I was not notified. I spent the morning with him and after consultations with the Director of Nursing and the Administrator, Larry and I took Dad to the ER for evaluation. Dad has been able to walk at a good pace without too much grunting and groaning. I have also been able to get him into the van by myself without any problems. Well, not so. He could barely walk down the hall to the door, so I got the wheelchair. It took 3 of us to get him in the van and 3 to get him out. We were in the ER for approximately 4.5 hours. No broken bones. Everything checked out okay.

Dad was brushing his teeth and lost his balance. He had put his call button on the dresser and was in the bathroom without it. God had it that a staff member was in the room at the time of the fall. The Lord shoved him over so that he didn't fall backwards, bending his neck against the wall and banging his head. Dad fell "kattywampus" through the doorway of the bathroom out into his bedroom. He fell flat, only grazing his shoulder on the corner of the doorway as he went down. 

I praise the Lord for His goodness. Dad took a pain pill last night before we left him. I was with him from 8:30 a.m until 8:00 p.m. It was a very long day. 

Psalm 48:1 - "Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised...." Thank the Lord and Praise His name with me.

No comments: